Employing Foreign Nationals (Sponsorship)

If you wish to employ a foreign national (including those from the EU) who does not have the current documents to work in the UK (see Employing Foreign Nationals) the position you are recruiting for must fall under the shortage occupations list or the skilled worker list.

To employ workers from overseas, you would need to become a sponsor and obtain a sponsor licence. According to the Government’s website, most sponsor applications are dealt with within 8 weeks. If your application is approved, then you will be able to offer the appropriate individuals a job, and you would need to issue a certificate of sponsorship to those individuals that you are looking to recruit.

You will need to pay a fee - £536, for small...

Member's content

On this page

Information regarding employing foreign nationals.

Sign up to continue reading this content and gain access to our Regular Member content