If an employee make an employment tribunal claim and wins their claim, they will be awarded compensation. The amount of compensation will depend on a number of factors and the claim made.
With effect from 6th April 2021:
- Maximum award = the LOWER of £89,493 or one year's gross pay
- Basic award maximum = £16,320 (see below)
- Maximum award = the LOWER of £88,519 or one year's gross pay
- Basic award maximum = £16,140
The basic award is calculated in the same way as redundancy and is based on age and length of services. For current rates, please see Redundancy Pay.
Breach of Contract:
- Maximum that can be claimed via an Employment Tribunal = £25,000
- There is no maximum if the claim is made via the High Court
- 4 weeks' pay